This vase is the number 2 of a limited series of 15 (but probably never made to this number, no model known to date beyond the No. 7) casted around 1905 by the famous Hebrard Foundry to the glasspaste masterpiece vase created by Henry Cros (now in the Musée des Arts Décoratifs de Paris , Inv. LOUVRE OA 6744.
There are also on the Art market some models of an unnumbered posthumous edition with rather "simple" patinas on casts of fairly average quality which are not compatible with the high standards of quality of the foundry Hebrard.
As a trained engineer and wealthy Collector of contemporary sculpture, Adrien-Aurélien Hebrard (1865-1937) decided in 1902 to satisfy his passion to open his own bronze foundry and Art gallery.
He then published the lost-wax cast bronzes in limited numbered series (from 3 to 20) of the artists he supported and of whose he was the exclusive representative and exhibited them in his famous gallery which was located in 1902 rue Cambon and from 1905, rue Royale in Paris.
His taste was not only limited to bronzes and sculptors such as Rembrandt Bugatti, Degas, Bourdelle ... He also exhibited contemporary creations such as the glassworks and bronzes of Henry Cros, the ceramics of André Metthey , the Objects of art, glassware and monotypes of Georges Manzana-Pissaro and from 1913 those of Maurice Marinot who will always remain faithful to him ...
In 1908, Hébrard organized a retrospective of Henry Cros' works at Rue Royale and a second one at the Salon d'Automne in 1922.